Terms & Conditions
It is our policy to accommodate you and your pet(s) with the best possible care while you are away or unable to care for them. It is important that you provide Wag 'n’ Watch Pet Sitters with a completed information form for your pet’s safety and our insurance. We will only walk dogs from the same household at one time. While in our care, we will not walk other dogs from other households. If your dog has friends in the neighbourhood, please make us aware of it and we will allow them to say “hello” in passing. We do not visit dog parks or any other off leash areas. Your pet deserves our complete attention.
Dog Walking & Cat Visit Service Hours
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday & holidays by appointment only
Dog Walks/Cat Visits
- Reservations: It is recommended that you reserve your regular visits a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Weekend & statutory holiday services must be requested 48 hours in advance. If you have never used our service, a complimentary 30-minute meet and greet is required to assess possible future services.
- Visit Times: We attempt to accommodate you and your pet’s needs. We ask for a two-hour time window for each visit. If an emergency or unforeseen circumstance should occur, a time window may need to be adjusted to accommodate the situation.
- Payment: Payment can be made by cash or e-transfer. All invoices are payable upon receipt. E-transfers can be sent directly to [email protected].
- Cancellation Policy for Regular Dog Walking/Cat Visits: We request that you cancel 24 hours the day before the walk/visit. If you cancel after the cut off time, the full-service fee may be charged.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters is entrusted to use their best judgement in caring for your pet(s). If we are unable to make it to your home due to severe weather or road closures, we will contact you two hours prior to the scheduled walk/visit.
- Last Minute Walks: Our rates reflect a scheduled visit. For a “last-minute visits” service, a $10.00 fee may apply. Last minute walks/visits are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
Business Hours for Dog Boarding & Day Care – Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday & Holidays 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Dog Boarding, Cat visits & Day Care
- Meet & Greet Visits: Our dog boarding and cat visit services begin with a complimentary 30-minute meet and greet. During this visit, we will come to your home in order to meet you and your pet(s). We want to ensure that you and your pets are comfortable. You will also be given the opportunity to review our Certificate of Liability Insurance. We will discuss any specific needs that your pet requires and answer any questions you may have about Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters.
- Dog Boarding: A complimentary 30-minute meet and greet is required in the boarding home to ensure your dogs are comfortable. This way your dog isn’t plunged into an unfamiliar place for the first time right at the moment when they are separated from you. Time permitting, Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters recommends at least one overnight visit, two weeks prior to the first scheduled service day to see how your dog reacts to the separation from your home.
- Day Care: Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters is committed to providing socialized fun-filled days. Our day care is filled with lots of toys for their enjoyment and beds for when they want to relax. Your pet will receive constant supervision during their visit. Our staff has taken Pet First Aid Course and are knowledgeable about how to interact with dogs to ensure they have a positive, fun visit. Whether your dog likes chasing balls, sitting on laps or rolling around with other dogs, we’ve got it.
- Payment: Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters accepts cash or e-transfers, sorry we do not accept cheques. We will email your invoice a week prior to your pets’ stay and must be paid in full on or before your pet arrives. If your departure or arrival day has changed please notify us a.s.a.p. If another dog is scheduled to stay at Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters, we reserve the right to contact your Emergency Contact to have arrangements made to pick-up your dog. If pick-up time is after business hours, an extra day will be charged.
- Cancellations/Early Returns: Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters carefully schedules for you and all of our other clients, therefore there are no refunds or credits and the full amount agreed upon is payable. If there is only one day or one visit, it is requested that you give us a 24-hour notice of cancellation otherwise the cancellation fee will be 100% of the amount for that day.
- Cancellation - Statutory Holidays: During holiday periods, with the exception of severe weather, life-threatening emergencies or a death in the family, any cancellations without a 48-hour notification prior to service, will result in a 50% cancellation fee of the total amount due.
- Statutory Holidays: New Year’s Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas and Boxing Day.
- Confirmations: All initial long-term contracts, initial overnight contracts and single visits will be confirmed by Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters via email at least 24-hours prior to service. Dog walking for regular scheduled clients will not be confirmed.
- Unforeseen Purchases: If Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters must purchase food, medication or cleaning supplies that contribute to the health and welfare of your pet(s), we will retain a receipt and the owner is responsible for reimbursement of these items.
- Job Sharing: To maintain the integrity and quality of care we provide for all our clients, Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters does not job share dog walking/cat visit services unless agreed upon at the meet & greet. This includes paid, as well as non-paid caregivers. Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters accepts no liability for any breach of security or loss of or damage to the Clients property if any other person has access to the property during the terms of the agreement.
- Keys: Wag ‘n ‘Watch Pet Sitters requires two (2) sets of keys on file to enter the property; this would include fobs, key cards, multi-lock keys or any other special security keys needed to enter the property. We will keep the keys in a lock box when not in use.
- Pet Pictures: We use photos of our client’s pets on social media and in advertising, if you do not want us to use your pet’s photo in this manner, indicate so on your service agreement. Personal or property identifying information is never included in the photos.
- Medication: Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters will attempt to administer all medications as directed by the primary caregiver but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result. If there is a fear that an animal will react negatively to the administration of a medication (i.e. bite) we reserve the right to not administer the medication. We will inform you of such as soon as possible.
- Immunizations & Health Checks (For Boarding Only): All pets must have the required and necessary immunizations (Rabies, DHPP and Bordetella) and health checks before service begins. Seasonal flea and heartworm medications will be discussed on an individual basis. For hygiene purposes all dogs must be bathed and/or groomed prior to their visit. Wag ‘n’ Watch Pet Sitters accept puppies that are on a vaccination program with their second set of puppy shots completed.
- Spay/Neuter: Puppies under one year of age do not need to be neutered or spayed. Adult dogs that are not neutered or spayed will be discussed on an individual basis.